Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sorry...more questions

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry...more questions

Okay... question #1 With my upper steering shaft mounted through the upper mount on the frame it does not come through the center of the hole in the dash. It is so off center that it rubs the inboard side of the hole and that is with the upper mount pulled outboard as far as possible. If I move the mount over the width of the bolt hole it centers pretty well.
    question #2 To use the Wilwood remote master cylinders where is the best place to mount the reservoir? It looks like most of the reservoir can be mounted above the master cylinders but my feed line is below the master cylinders...is that okay? My master cylinders are reverse mount and are located inside the foot box.
    I'm not exactly new to this stuff but with the talent I have seen on the forum I would appreciate some suggestions.
    Thanks...again.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bob on my steering shaft I used A u joint and 2 heim rod ends to place the steering wheel where I wanted it. On the M/C reservoirs as long as the fluid is above the M/C you are fine.
    Chaz...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Chazc5zx. I will still have to make my own mount for the reservoir and an access panel in the top of the foot box to be able to get to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hay Bob I tried to send some pic's but this forum wout let me sorry.
    Chaz...

Post Thanks / Like
    P9271202.JPGP9271203.JPGP9271204.JPGP9271205.JPG
    Here are pictures of my steering shaft moved 1/2 inch to the left so it is centered in the hole in the dash and my remote reservoir plumbed up to my master cylinders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob,
    Thanks for posting this thread and photos. My steering wheel was also off by about 1/2" relative to the dash. I did the same thing you did to fix it. First, I had to trim the dash about 1/8" on each side to get it to fit between the front hoop. Then I followed your posts and moved the upper steering shaft bearing holes over. I had to do this to "mock up" the Wilwood pedals, which don't fit in the regular location since I changed those 1" forward tubes to 2." In fact, the clutch pedal wouldn't move at all! Anyway, I have the solution figured out, but it will take some more cutting and welding. Again, thanks for sharing this information - it saved me a big headache later down the road.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bob,

Did you get your Wilwood pedal and MC kit from FFR or some other source? Thanks, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skullandbones View Post
    Bob,

Did you get your Wilwood pedal and MC kit from FFR or some other source? Thanks, WEK.
    I did get them from FFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob McCrea View Post
    Bob,
    Thanks for posting this thread and photos. My steering wheel was also off by about 1/2" relative to the dash. I did the same thing you did to fix it. First, I had to trim the dash about 1/8" on each side to get it to fit between the front hoop. Then I followed your posts and moved the upper steering shaft bearing holes over. I had to do this to "mock up" the Wilwood pedals, which don't fit in the regular location since I changed those 1" forward tubes to 2." In fact, the clutch pedal wouldn't move at all! Anyway, I have the solution figured out, but it will take some more cutting and welding. Again, thanks for sharing this information - it saved me a big headache later down the road.
    You are welcome. I'm just glad to have been a help to someone, I have certainly received much more from this forum than I have given.