Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mold parting lines

Post Thanks / Like

Mold parting lines

So I'll do anything to avoid doing the electrical! I figured it would be a good time to start the bodywork while the weather is still warm. I have taken down the parting lines using 80 grit 2 inch sanding discs on a orbital sander, and yes I cleaned it well using wax and grease remover. I have hit them with Evercoat Fibertech and then sanded it down with 80 grit, at this point I still have some low spots, should I add more fibertech to fill those or go straight to the Rage gold?

Thanks, Gary
    Last edited by House Money; 09-11-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    FFR Gen 2 35 truck, Barrett Jackson edition # 4, chassis # 81, 525HP LS3 & 4L75E, 8.8" 3 link.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by House Money View Post
    So I'll do anything to avoid doing the electrical! I figured it would be a good time to start the bodywork while the weather is still warm. I have taken down the parting lines using 80 grit 2 inch sanding discs on a orbital sander, and yes I cleaned it wellusing wax and grease remover. I have hit them with Evercoat Fibertech and then sanded it down with 80 grit, at this point I still have some low spots, should I add more fibertech to fill those or go straight to the Rage gold?

Thanks, Gary
    Gary,

Go to the Rage Gold if you've filled all of the major issues with Fibertech.
    Attached is my YOUTUBE Channel link which may or may not be of use to you:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8m...4orIm7w/videos

Also, be sure to take any advice you get from Jeff Kleiner because he's extremely knowledgeable.
    He helped me tremendously so hopefully what I learned will help you.

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 09-11-2020 at 07:08 PM.