Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: My T5 is crooked

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

My T5 is crooked

Hi guys. I'm really just looking for corroboration here. I received my Blueprint engine / transmission this morning. I'm a couple weeks away from being ready to put it in the car. I went with the 302 with a Holly Sniper and a T5 transmission. Within minutes of its arrival, I had the crate walls removed. Blueprint does a nice job of protecting and packaging the drivetrain. So, as I inspected everything about my new toy, I noticed that the T5 is about 8 degrees rotated towards the drivers side. Meaning that the shift bracket does not sit perfectly vertical. Where it mounts to the bell housing, the passenger side is much higher than the drivers side. I'm an OCD guy, so I noticed it right away. I spoke to Johnny from Blueprint and he asked me to email him pictures. He got back to me quickly and said that it's normal. I do trust him, but I guess I'm looking for anybody who has experienced this or has first hand knowledge. Thanks in advance for any comments. FYI, the yellow line in the picture is my addition with photoshop.
    Attached Images Attached Images