I'm known as Racer X. I raced incognito under an assumed name in the SCCA’s hotly contested E-Production class. After scorching tracks in my racecar, Shooting Star, I left behind a trail of soiled suits, broken dreams and the crushed hearts of countless race queens, all splattered with Gurney’s bubbly. Only then did I retire to a more subdued Midwestern lifestyle. There I cruised the back alleys and byways of Southern Wisconsin with my boy Barley, searching out and destroying all evildoers. I’m pleased to announce they have all been neutralized...so now is time for another challenge of sorts.

WANTED: Factory Five Challenge car to race in "The Match Race of the Century": Racer X vs The Midwest Menace, “The Cro-Sal Special vs Shooting Star,” a Factory Five Cobra vs a Bill Thomas Cheetah...for the bragging rights...of all time.

The Cro-Sal for mechanic Gene Crowe and owner/driver, Ralph Salyer. It is the only Cheetah roadster ever. Why? While being “baked” alive by the hot headers surrounding his foot box, during a ‘64 June Sprints practice at Road America, Ralph pulled into the pits where Gene, with hacksaw in hand was waiting. Hurriedly he preceded to cut the top off the car. In doing so he not only vented the convection oven temps, but also reduced the top speed by 20-mph. Last year, while attending the season-ending "That Long Race," at my home track, Blackhawk Farms Raceway (BFR), I witnessed this very same Cheetah out run and outclass the 2-Factory Five Challenge Cobras giving chase, to the tune of 3-seconds/lap.

It’s now time for redemption. I’m searching for a used up Challenge car. One that has been discarded, put out to pasture. Yes that one, with the tree growing from where the engine once proudly roared. An unwanted Cobra that’s worth less the sum of its parts, but is soon destined for road racing immortality. Help me neutralize this scourge as well.

Please let me know what Challenge car have you.