I know there are several of you on here that live in CO. We are looking at moving and out West is our target including NM, AZ, OR and CA (Nothern). I have had friends live in CO, one in Boulder (now lives in Ventura, CA) and another in Fort Collins. Both really liked it although the FC friend was taken back by the snowstorms and cooler temps than what he is used to in Charlotte. The Boulder friend left because he could not afford it and also landed a job at Patagonia. We are looking for the following:

- Nice sunny weather (warm to hot but not Phoenix hot)
- Looking for at least 3 acres+ or a house with a lot of privacy
- Would like to be close to services and not have to drive an hour, more like 15-30 mins
- Small older homes interest over the standard suburbs home
- Has good trout fishing
- Low crime (preferably all types)
- Ideally no snow

Not sure if the last one discounts all CO or parts of it? I know some freak storms can come through late Spring dumping a lot on some places and truly do not want this. Looked at Boulder and home prices are not inexpensive. While I could buy there, I choose not to spend that kind of money.

Just looking for opinions on CO, I am aware of CA issues but love the weather there plus other things that offset some of the bad. NM is high on our list around Santa Fe area which does get some snow so there is that plus there are water issues.

Tks
Kyle