FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victor's 289 Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaFFRer View Post
    I've ordered Car Chemistry 3 disk inserts and some packing. Will do a before and after test.
    Very interested in seeing how those work out. The Boig price is a bit steep. Mrs. Chainsaw has made a firm request for quieter pipes even though she hasn't even heard the car run yet.
    Jack
    289 Roadster complete kit ordered 8/2/21. Delivered 3/14/2022. Chassis #10306. 17"x9" Halibrands, 3.55 IRS, PS, Wilwood brakes, BPE 306 with EFI and close ratio TKX. First start 7/20/2023. First Movement 9/24/2023. First go-kart 9/25/2023.
    Build thread - https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...rida-289-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lasse2 View Post
    I'm curious how the Car Chemistry inserts work. I ordered the Dynatech auger inserts that should be delivered today. I'm in the middle of body work so I probably won't get to installing them for a little while.
    I've considered doing both.

I've built a fairly healthy engine and am now willing to give up HP. I do not remember my last 408 powered cobra being this loud. I have only been idling around the street, at WOT I'll be blowing out windows.

Parts are shipped, I hope to have them by the end of the week. I think they will drop db's more than augers, not sure what it will cost me in HP.
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Very interested in seeing how those work out. The Boig price is a bit steep. Mrs. Chainsaw has made a firm request for quieter pipes even though she hasn't even heard the car run yet.
    Have her stand a block away for the first start, and she still won't be impressed. I'm peaking at 105 dB at idle. When the parts arrive I will test them thoroughly with video and post here.

I brought the car in and out of the garage twice today, my ears hurt.
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.

4. Thanks Chainsaw thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I intend to use the provided caps and pack both chambers with steel wool, I'm chasing max quiet with these.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12