FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote flexible fuel lines and pressure regulator location questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also mounted mine on the 2x2 tube. Actually quite a bit of room behind the engine. Visible in this picture early in the build. As far as the fuel lines, for the Roadster it's not necessary to run them inside the trans tunnel so I would recommend against it. I ran mine on the outside of the 4-inch round tube as high as I could. Pretty straight shot from back to front. I personally prefer and have installed hard lines with SS flex at each end. But the plastic flexible lines are OK too I guess. What most DD's use.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

2. Thanks Redlinejoev thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Also mounted mine on the 2x2 tube. Actually quite a bit of room behind the engine. Visible in this picture early in the build. As far as the fuel lines, for the Roadster it's not necessary to run them inside the trans tunnel so I would recommend against it. I ran mine on the outside of the 4-inch round tube as high as I could. Pretty straight shot from back to front. I personally prefer and have installed hard lines with SS flex at each end. But the plastic flexible lines are OK too I guess. What most DD's use.
    Thank you, Paul. That picture really helped me see how much room I'll have to work with.

Jason
    MK4 Complete Kit #9673 | Ordered: 08/07/2019 | Pickup: 08/24/2019
    Gen 2 Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, 18" Halibrands, Kirkey Vintage Race Seats, Gas-N Headers and Pipes
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...IRS-Build-9673

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post

Hey Paul - I have a question regarding how you mounted the clips that hold the brake and fuel lines. Your build thread shows that you used 10-32 fasteners into tapped holes in the frame, so I assumed this was to be able to remove lines later on if ever necessary. But, it looks like the clips that hold the rear brake line in the DS footbox are riveted, and that section of line is buried under Lizard skin, seemingly making that line a pretty permanent installation. Is the reason for the 10-32 fasteners vs. stainless steel rivets for all the clips mostly aesthetic? I'm always worried about fasteners coming loose years down the road, even with blue Loctite (I think that comes from riding single-cylinder motorcycles that eventually rattle EVERYTHING loose over time) so rivets would seem like a simple way to ensure those lines stay where they're supposed to stay.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by JohnK; 06-29-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.