Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turn signal / Hazar circuit

Post Thanks / Like

Turn signal / Hazar circuit

Hi all,

Sorry I do so silly questions. I'm working on the electric circuit for my Cobra (I'm rebuilding a FFR that I bought from a previous owner).

Regarding the turn signal / hazard circuit, I understand that with a blinker, two relays (for the hazard lights) and the turn signal switch + hazard switch should be enough. I'm talking about a circuit like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/527976756306148200/.

My confusion comes when the fuse box that was in my car has two blinkers one label "Turn signal" and the other one "Hazard".

Am I missing something? Why two blinkers??

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't mention what wiring harness you have. See from previous posts you're working on a Mk2? So not sure this response applies. But for the Ron Francis harness Factory Five has been using for some years now, the turn signals and blinkers are two separate circuits. The hazards are on a battery circuit, meaning they'll work any time whether the key is on or off. That's how they should work. Plus the circuit lights all four corners. Again as it should. The turn signals are on an ignition circuit meaning the key must be on. Plus only light one side or the other. So for those reasons, there is a separate flasher relay in each circuit.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks edwardb, actually I'm not using any wiring harness, I'm just redoing the prexistent one (that was not in great shape due to the previous owner cutting away some cables).

I think your point is correct and was the only reason I though it made sense to have two blinker relays: turn signal to be powered only with the key in the ingnition, and hazard light to have direct batt power.

Thanks again!