Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Looking for a paint and body shop in Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a paint and body shop in Florida

Hello all,
    I live near Jacksonville, Florida and I am looking for a paint and body man/shop with knowledge of Factory Five roadsters who isn't too expensive. I don't need a show quality job; just daily driver quality.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Jeff
    Mk4 Complete kit with IRS, IRS brakes, Power Steering, 302 mounts, 302 headers, TKO, 2 Rollbars, Leather seats,
    vintage gauges, polished stainless sidepipes, front and rear sway bars, all cutouts.
    Blueprint Engines 347 stroker; Tremec TKO 600; 3.55 IRS, 17" Bullitt wheels: 9" front 10.5" rear.
    Delivered Nov. 6, 2018. First start Aug. 11, 2019. First Go-Cart Feb. 21, 2020.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whitby Motorcars in Greensboro, NC does nice work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jeff,

I have a guy I use in Kissimmee. Reasonable price and good job. PM me if interested.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine has had his roadster at Whitby's for 21 months and still does not know when he will get his car back??
    MK4 delivered 8/21/2021 completed 7/2022
    complete kit, IRS, 13" brakes.
    Ford performance 427 Stroker. Engine built by Russell
    Quick time bell housing, .68 Tremec TKX.
    FF5 17" tires and rims.
    Paint and prep by Russell Hall

Post Thanks / Like
    Spotlight Custom Cars in Dahlonega, GA isn’t too far from you. Quality work, excellent customer service, and they’ve got plenty of experience with our cars.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

6. Likes Railroad, nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    spotlight customs did a great job on my ffr mk4. i would highly recommend them.

8. Likes Railroad, nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,
    I have heard of Spotlight Customs, but didn't know if they were familiar with FFR. About how much would they charge for the complete job. I have already done the parting lines filled and sanded, and finished them with the red gel coat; would that be a problem? Still haven't got the driver's side door right; can they do that?
    Thank you for your help,
    Jeff
    Mk4 Complete kit with IRS, IRS brakes, Power Steering, 302 mounts, 302 headers, TKO, 2 Rollbars, Leather seats,
    vintage gauges, polished stainless sidepipes, front and rear sway bars, all cutouts.
    Blueprint Engines 347 stroker; Tremec TKO 600; 3.55 IRS, 17" Bullitt wheels: 9" front 10.5" rear.
    Delivered Nov. 6, 2018. First start Aug. 11, 2019. First Go-Cart Feb. 21, 2020.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff's First FFR View Post
    Hi there,
    I have heard of Spotlight Customs, but didn't know if they were familiar with FFR. About how much would they charge for the complete job. I have already done the parting lines filled and sanded, and finished them with the red gel coat; would that be a problem? Still haven't got the driver's side door right; can they do that?
    Thank you for your help,
    Jeff
    I think Spotlight Customs has shifted their business primarily towards our cars now. They’ll take care of the door. I would give them a call and discuss the price with them considering the work you’ve already done, and the current cost of supplies now vice what they were when I had mine done.
    Last edited by RJD; 11-22-2022 at 01:40 PM.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

11. Likes nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just FYI. I know some painters (not mentioned above) will not paint a car unless they do the bodywork.
    Steve

FFR #8305; IRS, 347; T5 Trans; EFI, 3.27 Rear; 17x9" Front; 17x10.5" Rear
    Paint - Ford Magnetic Metallic Gray (J7) with Black Stripes; Painted by "da Bat"
    Complete Kit Delivered 05/15/2014; Titled and Registered 4/14/2017 as a 1965!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    I think Spotlight Customs has shifted their business primarily towards our cars now. They’ll take care of the door. I would give them a call and discuss the price with them considering the work you’ve already done, and the current cost of supplies now vice what they were when I had mine done.
    Agree with RJD. Spotlight did my rig and is very reasonable about how much you have done on the body ( at least that was my impression ). Mike and his crew did an amazing job on my rig IMO and would highly recommend. As an aside, his shop is in the Smoky Mountain foothills so you will get an amazing drive dropping off your rig. Here are a couple of my pics of my Roadster that was done there...

Last edited by nucjd19; 11-23-2022 at 08:16 AM.
    FFR MK4 Roadster (9945) complete kit, delivered 12/4/2020, First start and go kart 5/7/2021. Legal 8/14/2021, Paint finished 7/18/2022 (Viking Blue). 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, power steering. Carbon Fiber Dash. Carbon Fiber trans tunnel, adjustable Kirkey Lowback Vintage seats, Vintage gauges, RT drop trunk mod, FFmetal drop battery mod and trans tunnel, Forte front sway bar. Forte mechanical throttle linkage, RT gas pedal. www.covespringsfarm.com