Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Cobra Day Car Show-August 1, 2020 at the Cobra Experience in Martinez CA

Post Thanks / Like

Cobra Day Car Show-August 1, 2020 at the Cobra Experience in Martinez CA

As far as I know this car show is still on.

http://www.cobraday.org
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

2. Likes Mark K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vspeeds-Thanks for the post! This a a REALLY good event, I've been the last few years, Lots of original cars, a great Cobra museum for any Cobra nut to see. I'm going to register later today. I usually take the river road route over to Martinez, takes about an hour and a half. Maybe some us us could meet up and go over together. Anyone interested??

4. Likes Mark K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads-up, Eddie! Registered.

Yes, would love to do a group drive over there. We've never been to the Cobra Experience.

- m
    FFR9280RD MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, PS, PB, ABS, TC, CC, PATS, Summit heater, DIY wire diet, RT pedal/trunk/turn signal, FFR LCAs, FFR 3-link, 17x9 FR500s all around, Ford Magnetic Gray with custom Kandy Orange stripes (Ken's Custom Auto Body)

6. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    More on this. I reached out to the event coordinator. They can hold this event because it's outdoors. The indoor museum will be closed-off, however. We're looking forward to it.

FFR 3099, what river route do you take?
    FFR9280RD MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, PS, PB, ABS, TC, CC, PATS, Summit heater, DIY wire diet, RT pedal/trunk/turn signal, FFR LCAs, FFR 3-link, 17x9 FR500s all around, Ford Magnetic Gray with custom Kandy Orange stripes (Ken's Custom Auto Body)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
    More on this. I reached out to the event coordinator. They can hold this event because it's outdoors. The indoor museum will be closed-off, however. We're looking forward to it.

FFR 3099, what river route do you take?
    Thanks for following up. I’m scheduled to get off duty that afternoon. Im going to register in anticipation of getting the day off from work.

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    First, good to hear Vspeeds can make it! My route is pretty simple and a nice ride down the river. I leave Elk Grove and run down I-5 to the Walnut Grove exit, west to Walnut Grove, cross the rive to hiwy 160. then south, back across the river at the next bridge, still on 160. from there, south, over the Antioch bridge to Highway 4, west. From there about 20 minutes(?) to the exit for The Cobra Experience. IF we run down together we could all meet in Elk Grove and head out from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFR 3099 View Post
    First, good to hear Vspeeds can make it! My route is pretty simple and a nice ride down the river. I leave Elk Grove and run down I-5 to the Walnut Grove exit, west to Walnut Grove, cross the rive to hiwy 160. then south, back across the river at the next bridge, still on 160. from there, south, over the Antioch bridge to Highway 4, west. From there about 20 minutes(?) to the exit for The Cobra Experience. IF we run down together we could all meet in Elk Grove and head out from there.
    Cool, thanks. I know that route well - I take it from my sister's house in Concord when we don't want to deal with 680/80. We could certainly meet in Elk Grove. Let's sync as the date gets closer.

- m

Post Thanks / Like
    Great! Let's stay in contact in the next few weeks on this site, see who else might join in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well bummer! tried to register on line and found the registration is closed. Would't think with the Covid problem they would be full yet. Talked to Vspeeds and decided we can always drive over and be spectators, same show, just not in it. I did put in a call to see if there is a cancellation list, haven't received a return call yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's a drag. I hope it's just a temporary glitch. This thing doesn't sell out does it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sell out, yes it does. Kinda.... If they run it the same as last year, there is a non registered staging area that they will move people to the show from (its at the end of all the other cars, so not much difference!).

I have to miss the show this year, I will be out of state. If one of you would pick my new car up for me when I win it, I would appreciate it!!!

Please take some pictures and post to the group !!!!!
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like we'll be in the non-registered staging. If I get a return call from the people running the show about filling cancellations, I'll let you know ASAP.

25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    very cool - I was able to visit the Cobra Experience Museum back in January... I'd suggest just visiting. Their parking lot isn't huge, but I'm sure it will be a fun time!
    Plus when you drive home, you go right through the oil refinery (pretty wild)

https://cobradreams.com/2020/01/23/i...ra-experience/
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just read on their web site that the show is not for general public. I'm not sure if this is just something that have to say and perhaps (hopefully) not planning to enforce. Anyone have any inside knowledge on this? I'm about 3/4 finished with mine and would love to see this.

cobraday.org
    MK IV #131238 - Blueprint 347 - Holley Carb - TKO600 - 2015 IRS - Ford 3:55 Diff - Koni Shocks - Power Steering - Mid Shift - RT Turn Signal - Mech Throttle Linkage - Heater - American Muscle Bullitt Wheels - Lizard Skin Ceramic Sound & Heat Insulation - Fraser Door Inserts - Leather Heated Seats - Front/Rear Sway Bars - Hydraulic Clutch - Out of Sight Bluetooth Stereo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsbrillhart View Post
    Just read on their web site that the show is not for general public. I'm not sure if this is just something that have to say and perhaps (hopefully) not planning to enforce. Anyone have any inside knowledge on this? I'm about 3/4 finished with mine and would love to see this.

cobraday.org
    My wife and I are registered for this and got the same message in the last email from them. It says "spectators not encouraged." Kind of soft wording. You're in Danville, so not a lot of lost time if they don't let you in, but my compatriots from the Sacramento region have a longer drive and hence a bigger decision to make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a call from Vspeeds, FFR has canceled September in Huntington Beach. Bummer! Also, if we're not registered it looks like the Cobra Experience is discouraging all but registered participants from going on the !st. Looks like we might not want to go, just to get turned away. Eddie and I are going to do a little run somewhere, before too long, we will post it if anyone would like to join in. Details when we have a plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries - sounds good. I'll take pics at Cobra Day and share with the group.

10-4 on Huntington Beach. I emailed Sally a few days ago and she responded with the bad news. They're shooting for the last Saturday in April. I canceled our Morrow Bay hotel stop, but holding off on canceling HB Shore Break until I get confirmation from Sally that they've secured the new date.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some shots from the event. Took the river road out of pocket. About nine of us.

20200801_090124.jpg20200801_123111.jpg20200801_135827.jpg

22. Likes JohnK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing those photos. Next year I’m going to register early.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few photos from the Cobra Experience.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h94ckvint...Unlj08tXa?dl=0
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

25. Thanks JohnK thanked for this post