BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 hot rod wiring problems

Post Thanks / Like

33 hot rod wiring problems

need help to wire up my 33 hot rod with coyote engine and 5 speed..
    Factory Five said to mount computer on fire wall passenger side.. Problem is
    that's where my fuel lines and regulator are mounted.. F.F. said move regulator to other
    side... Problem is thats where my master cylinder and rad. overflow are mounted....
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks, Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    can you mount it inside the firewall? Also on earlier versions they actually used to mount it under the engine.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm running into the same problem today. There's not enough wire in the harness to mount it inside to the firewall. I don't have enough room between the gen3 engine and the firewall to mount it like they have pictured in the supplemental instructions for the engine. If I moved the fuel regulator, I'm not sure it would fit either given the size.

I did checkout the gen 1 instructions. I'm guessing ford changed the wiring harness length in some way, but under the engine (or to the side) is definitely an option to consider. Based on the default layout, the computer must normally be to the passenger side to some degree.

Let me know if you come up with a solution. I'll do some investigative work on Saturday with the harnesses too.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's my understanding that firewall mounting is possible in Roadsters and Coupes, not Hot Rods. FWIW, the harness on my Gen 2 Coyote was exactly long enough to reach the computer mounted under the engine - but only if the computer is oriented correctly. (yes, I found out the hard way...)
    Keith HR #894
    20200717_201323.jpg20200717_201420.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    My gen 3 harness isn't long enough to mount it like that.

Though, let me know what you think of this idea - mounting above the steering rack as pictured. I'll probably use the ECU Bracket from Midway Mustang too
    .IMG_3070.jpgIMG_3069.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted mine under the engine as per the instructions using the brackets supplied, I made a shield out of tin to protect it from debris and shield it from and water as best as possible. I have a drawing for a template if you can fit it there.
    20200127_211029.jpg 20200127_211130.jpg 20200127_211209.jpg
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas