Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Wiper motor mounted behind firewall

Post Thanks / Like

Wiper motor mounted behind firewall

I have moved my firewall forward and now want to add wipers for inspection requirements. I also have the large oval Cobra air cleaner and it limits the space against the firewall. Has anyone experience in putting the wiper motor in between the dash and a moved forward firewall? I have heard someone mounting it in the passengers compartment? I have a triple port heater and don’t have much space on that side. If I put the motor on the drivers side can I flip the gear boxes and what helps to the rest stop mechanisms? Does anyone have the dimension from the body edge of the dashBoard to the hole for wiper post ? I have the Dimensions from the manual but nothing from the dash side. I am going to drop the body down again to measure but want to get confirmation if possible. Anyone using three blades?

Any suggestions would be appreciated while I build.......
    Rand

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably want to move this into the correct forum.. I can't even tell if this is hotrod or roadster
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

3. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post