Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  208

Thread: Camera's 818C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Meyer View Post
    Glad you got the engine installed by yourself! We decided to forego the load leveler and used three nylon straps, and one of us lifted / pushed the tail of the transmission to adjust the angle.

Thanks Bob for posting about the upper bearing race. I didn’t catch that on ours and realize we need to remove the transaxle cover and shatter that puppy out of there.
    A flathead screwdriver and needle nose pliers weren't working for me, even with a lot of force, but a 90º pick fit behind the race and pulled it out very easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think it would have come out eventually? We have a lot to disassemble now to get back inside...the rear housing.
    818 "S"pyder delivered 11/27/20, using 2007 Impreza 2.5l NA donor. Work mostly being done by my son Liam...body work and paint being done by dad (that's me)
    MK3.1 #6583RD, built from 2008-2019, sold 11/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Meyer View Post
    Do you think it would have come out eventually? We have a lot to disassemble now to get back inside...the rear housing.
    Initially I thought no when trying with the pliers, but it's just a well toleranced hole. Once I used the pick, it slid straight out easily. I can imagine the vibration of the car working it out pretty easily.