Hello All,

Another 818c for New England, coming out of Seekonk Massachusetts.

This thread should have been started a year ago. I picked up chassis 575 last August 17th 2019. I have lurked around the forum for a while before and obviously after this for ideas. Since I have frequently resorted to this forum any time I run into an issue rather than call FFR I can honestly say it is an incredible source of info. I can just picture my frustration on a lot of these obstacles solved by many of you before I came along.

About me...

I started out about 14 years old working with my dad on small engines through high school. He too started around the same time with his dad. I then moved to Jetski, ATV and dirt bike repair. Mom pushed me into starting a career rather than just jobs. At 19 I started with Bell Atlantic which then became Verizon until my current ripe old age of 41. I also worked car audio and security on the side as more of a hobby than a job. Once you start doing some of this however you tend to get friends and family out of the woodwork looking for an installer lol.

I confess that I have wanted a cobra since childhood. I’ve had the posters up on the wall, models and magazines alike all seeming timeless to me. Figuring sometime before retirement I would start on one. It all seemed payed out for me, but then marriage and children came in and I realized I’ll be working till I’m dead haha. I am actually a living the FFR credo.. I can’t spend the money I want to for a Cobra, but I have some skills and an 818 I can afford. Not to mention the fact that it’s a sweet car that looks 10x better in person.

I grabbed a 2005 WRX that was used by the original owner for racing. Had a handful of Perrin bits with Brembos and a roll cage. It didn’t run when I got it, but it was all there for 2k. This thing like many from the North East was a rust bucket.... Thankfully it turned out to be a diamond in the rough. The engine had 163-165 across all 4 cylinders, and all donor components were good aside from hardware and expendables (brakes, bearings, joints etc..)

I’m going to be posting a lot in the coming week to get it all caught up to current status.. Pics, Fabs and Hacks of plenty....

Brian