Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 32 deluxe grill - radiator no bung for temperature sensor

Post Thanks / Like

32 deluxe grill - radiator no bung for temperature sensor

So it appears there is no bung for the temperature sensor on the 32 radiator. Question: where are the SBC guys mounting the temperature sensor that controls the radiator fan?

I am currently using all the ports in the intake for hoses to circulate coolant between the front and rear of the block.

So my current thought is to mount on the drivers side head near the #1 cylinder. I figured its a better representation of the hot coolant temp in the block, and is the most convenient for wiring.

Thanks in Advance.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I did:
    CTS1.jpg
    I used a Tee on one of my coolant hoses where they attach to the front crossover (I circled it on the photo) to attach my coolant temp sensor (sensor not switch like came in the kit). Your proposed location would work too.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

3. Thanks Higgi56 thanked for this post
    Likes Higgi56 liked this post