Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Elk Grove cruise to Rio Vista on Saturday 8/15/20

Post Thanks / Like

Elk Grove cruise to Rio Vista on Saturday 8/15/20

Hey guys,
    On Saturday 08/15/2020, Steve (FFR 3099) and I are planning to cruise from Elk Grove to Rio Vista and grab lunch at a joint called Burgerlicious. We're planning on leaving Elk Grove at 10am, travel west to Highway 160/River Road, then follow the delta south to Rio Vista. If anyone is interested, chime in. If more people are interested, we could meet at a parking lot somewhere. I know Mark K is interested.
    Eddie-vspeeds
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, Eddie - got it blocked out.

FYI, for Cobra Day, we all met at McDonalds on Pocket Road. The river road was right around the corner from there.
    FFR9280RD MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, PS, PB, ABS, TC, CC, PATS, Summit heater, DIY wire diet, RT pedal/trunk/turn signal, FFR LCAs, FFR 3-link, 17x9 FR500s all around, Ford Magnetic Gray with custom Kandy Orange stripes (Ken's Custom Auto Body)

Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie- thanks for posting! looking forward to next Saturday. I hope a few guys decide to join in. WE will be in our own cars and the burger place has outside seating so that should make most guys comfortable with the Covid problem. The river ride is always nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    The weather is forecasted to be 107*F on Saturday. Steve and I are still up for the drive.

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's gonna be hotter than hell. I'm still in. I'll have the soft top on, though.
    FFR9280RD MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, PS, PB, ABS, TC, CC, PATS, Summit heater, DIY wire diet, RT pedal/trunk/turn signal, FFR LCAs, FFR 3-link, 17x9 FR500s all around, Ford Magnetic Gray with custom Kandy Orange stripes (Ken's Custom Auto Body)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw latest forecast. Going to be 109 now. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vspeeds View Post
    The weather is forecasted to be 107*F on Saturday. Steve and I are still up for the drive.
    You guys are brave!

Post Thanks / Like
    It won't be that bad. the river road is a cooler drive and we' be back. I'm guessing no later that 1pm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this cruise was a fun success. Just like Steve said, we were back at home in Elk Grove by 1pm. Mark had to drive a little further but he had his awesome soft top on to shade him from the blazing sun. Thanks guys. it was a fun trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, you guys. Had a blast. I'm hopeful the next time we do this it will be cooler! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a great time Saturday! The river road is a good ride, nice guys to have lunch with and a chance to put some miles on the car. I just wish a few more guys could have had the time to join us. Hopefully, next time we can put the word out earlier and the weather will be a bit milder!