Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need Koni Shock

Post Thanks / Like

Need Koni Shock

I have a damaged rear Koni shock (red) that i need to replace on my roadster. FF does not have inventory right now. Looking to buy 1 or 2. Don't necessarily need any other hardware, just the tube.

Thanks
    John
    John
    Gen 3 Coupe #334 received 11/4/21. Coyote, IRS, TKX, Wilwoods
    '02 GT donor, 4.6 sohc, Received #5488 on 5/29/06. 3-link, ps, pb. Hoosier Cobra member (Hoosiercobra.com)

Post Thanks / Like
    John.
    Have you called to verify that they do or do not have any in stock? The online parts listings are often not up to date sometimes show items as out of stock when they actually are available. This situation has probably been exacerbated by the short staff the past few months.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,
    Traded emails, but yes, Dave C said the Covid has affected the Koni supply and maybe they'd have a better idea by the end of the month. If i get in a pinch, can i come borrow one from your shop? lol
    John
    '02 GT donor, 4.6 sohc, Received #5488 on 5/29/06. 3-link, ps, pb. Hoosier Cobra member (Hoosiercobra.com)

Post Thanks / Like
    So... I have 4... BUT.. They are from the 2010 recall. They have never seen a minute of drive time and my understanding was a bad weld that led to recall a production timeframe. Nonetheless KONI honored and shipped me new ones mid last year (my build sat for some time).

PM if interested but claiming no liability. They seem fine to the eye.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Shu View Post
    Jeff,
    ... If i get in a pinch, can i come borrow one from your shop? lol
    I already thought of that John but if they aren’t able to get a replacement to us by late September then I’ll be the guy in a pinch! Any chance you still have your original Bilsteins laying around? The 3 link rears were unaffected by the recall. I had to run Koni fronts and Bilstein rears during a Koni shortage years ago and it doesn’t cause the car to do anything stupid or weird.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,
    I had to look to make sure, but I sent the rear Bilsteins to a forum member several years ago. Still have the fronts. Fronts are shorter, correct?
    Working with Nuhale to make sure the numbers match. Do you know anything about that Koni recall he mentioned?
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Shu View Post
    Jeff,
    ...Do you know anything about that Koni recall he mentioned?
    It was a small number of them from before Mk4 production began however there may still have been some in the supply chain by the time Nuhale's early Mk4 was built. As an FYI the car I built for Steve Brown is #7276, one number different than Nuhale's, and did not have shocks from the affected batches but of course that doesn't guarantee that the ones that shipped with his came from the same batch.

The potentially affected lot and batch numbers are:

Part Number: 30-1720, Date Code: 07-2010
    Part Number: 30-1721, Date Code: 07-2010
    Part Number: 30-1721, Date Code: 13-2010

Good luck,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, thanks Jeff!
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Still Need Koni rear for 3-link

Turns out Nuhale’s wouldn’t work because his was from IRS setup. Anyone else?
    Looking for Koni 30 1721

Thanks
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t understand why we can’t buy these from Jegs or Summit, etc. I can’t even find the part number on the Koni website and I need a front shock.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.