Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Front Sway bar help

Post Thanks / Like

Front Sway bar help

Hello all!
    I'm installing my front sway bar and it looks like I need to have unequal length connecting rods. It appears that one arm comes out about 1" higher than the other. Is this normal or do I have a bent sway bar? Donor car was a 2006 Saab 9-2x. I also noticed where the ffr sway bar mounts are welded to the frame is not symmetrical in height. One of the brackets is welded lower in the frame than the other. Wouldn't this make the centerline of the sway bar sit at an angle relative to the suspension?

Post Thanks / Like
    If the angle above and below is equal from 90 degrees to the suspension they amount of deflection rate would be the same on both sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the part that’s bothering me is that the drivers side bushing centerline is 1-1/4” higher than the passenger centerline and that side is also the side that’s 1” high on the end link. I expected the sway bar bushing centerline to be the same on both sides. It tried to attach a couple pictures with a laser showing how one side is higher that the other. I just wanted to know it this was how it was intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an early chassis and my drivers side is between 5/8" - 3/4" higher than my passenger side. Best measurement I could grab without getting my pajamas dirty.

5. Likes AZPete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 2019 frame's driver's side sway bar mount is 1" higher. I had to cut 5/8" off both ends of the connecting rod on the passenger's side to get equal adjustability on both sides for an 06 NA Impreza rear sway bar. The bar does sit at an angle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm contemplating raising the passenger side by drilling new holes. Its just seems strange why the sway bar would be in at an angle. Perhaps on earlier models the rear sway bar was different?