Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reptile Roundup 2011 - November 17-18-19

Post Thanks / Like

Reptile Roundup 2011 - November 17-18-19

It's time to start thinking about the DSSC Reptile Roundup. This is one of the best events of the year in the Southeast.

TENTH ANNUAL REPTILE ROUNDUP:
    Reptile Roundup Ten will be going back to its roots in Gainesville for 2011. Reserve November 17-18-19 on your calendar to attend RR Ten. The host hotel will be the Cabot Lodge where a block of 25 rooms has been reserved at $88/night. Call the hotel direct for the DSCC discount at 352-375-2400. The cutoff date to reserve rooms is Oct 29th. A Meet & Greet party will be held on Thursday, Nov 17 to kick off the 10th RR.

Friday, Nov 18 will be a combination car show/lunch run and track day at the Gainesville Road Course. Many of us have picked up “the racing fever” at GIR and started our addiction to high speed driving on this safe and demanding road course. If you have ever wanted to experience the thrill of safely driving your cobra at speed, this is your event! The track event is run by Grant Beaty of the Gainesville Road Race Club. Click here to register for the track event. Friday, Nov 18th will be a club dinner and the annual meeting. Saturday, Nov 19 will be an all day lunch cruise to several interesting spots. POC is Larry Hess. Registration for the Roundup will open on Oct 15

Deep South Cobra Club - Home
    MK III 347, TKO, 3:73, 17" Bullits, Levy Konis, Gas n' Go pipes, Black w/ Anthracite Grey stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great event, if you can work it out it is worth the trip!
    Thanks
    Jeff

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

Thanks for posting. I plan on attending my first RR. I've heard nothing but great things about this event and really looking forward to it. See you there!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not bought a kit yet, stll in research mode. I live in Naples and would like to drive up. What would be the best day to see as many cars as possible, Friday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lughead,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I would say that Friday morning at the track would be the best time to see a lot of cars. Hard to say how many as registration has just started and there will be some who decide close to the event. There will be some FFRs but also possibly represented, with one or more cars, should be Backdraft, Everett Morrison, Contemporary, ERA, and Superperformance.
    MK III 347, TKO, 3:73, 17" Bullits, Levy Konis, Gas n' Go pipes, Black w/ Anthracite Grey stripes

Post Thanks / Like

Registration Is Now Open

Registration is now open. Note that this is a UF home game weekend so hotel space may be limited and pricey if you don't book at the Caabot by October 29th.

http://deepsouthcobraclub.cloverpad....yer%202011.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike,

It will be a long drive up just for a day but I'm desperate to see some Cobras.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rate at the Cabot Lodge will be $145 after October 29th. If you are on the fence, make the hotel reservation now and hold off on the round up registration until later. You can always cancel the hotel reservation if you can't make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Photos

Here are some photos from the Roundup

https://picasaweb.google.com/1148317...eat=directlink