Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 351W oil pan for roadster

Post Thanks / Like

351W oil pan for roadster

7.5" depth needed to clear main rails.
    FFR7859 - graduated 5/16/16; '11 Mustang 5.0 'vert; '93 Mustang Notch; '98 F150; 4760 build website; FFR-3144 rebuild

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t ordered my kit yet but I’m gathering drivetrain parts.
    I have a 351 W block and I’m gathering parts for the rebuild. Does anyone have a few specific brand names of oil pans and maybe part numbers?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevko's are the best bang-for-the-buck. https://kevkoracing.com/collections/...-pan-rear-sump
    FFR7859 - graduated 5/16/16; '11 Mustang 5.0 'vert; '93 Mustang Notch; '98 F150; 4760 build website; FFR-3144 rebuild

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm running the Moroso 20507 on a 351. Sits flush with the bottom of the frame rails. I'm also running a cap girdle and it fits fine. Just a little tweaking necessary.

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Campbell View Post
    Kevko's are the best bang-for-the-buck.
    True - but do yourself a favor early and get the road race pan: https://kevkoracing.com/collections/...nt=34323686222

It doesn't require much enthusiastic driving to oil starve these high performance cars.

For the record - I only had to polish the crank and replace bearings once before I figured it out (autocross - you could see the oil pressure sag on video if you were looking for it).