Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
I wouldn't mind power brakes. Would fit the theme of this build. But I doubt there's room for the vacuum booster. So chances are that port will be covered and not used.
Paul - I tried to cram the Whitby power brake system https://www.whitbymotorcars.com/prod...-kit-complete/ into my Hot Rod, but the Coyote just takes up too much space. Your results may differ though, with the smaller LS engine. I suggest you call Jeff Collins at (336) 389-0904 to verify that his system will fit. Whitby has apparently installed the system in several Hot Rods with SBC or LS engines, just not with the Coyote.

I just bought a booster/MC assembly from Summit that has a 7" dia. booster and am now trying to shoehorn it into the Hot Rod. The pumpkin fits fine, but the MC is a full size GM style unit with built-in reservoirs and the brake lines interfere with the engine side covers. I'll probably have to tilt it a little to fit properly. I also have to fab a bell-crank type assembly to convert the pedal motion to the correct stroke. Of course, you avoid all these issues if you can make the Whitby system work in your truck.

Have fun with the new build! I look forward to watching your progress. Keith HR #894