Hi everyone!

I'm excited to say that I've recently pulled the trigger on a Mk4 Complete Kit. This is something I've been dreaming of for a long time now, and the timing is finally right. I've been reading this forum and the other one for many years now, and I'd like to express my appreciation to everyone who gets on here and contributes to the conversation. It's because of all that you've shared that I have an idea of what it will take to actually get this done.

My goal is to build a car that's well-suited to frequent street cruising and the occasional trip to VIR for some just-for-fun road racing. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area (Cary).

Here's my build plan:

• I'm talking with Mike Forte about a Gen 3 Coyote plus T56 Magnum.
  • Power steering
  • IRS
  • FFR stainless Coyote headers with catalytic converters. Anyone have thoughts on these? I haven't seen too much info on the cats.
  • Vintage Smiths Style GPS Gauges in a Competition layout I do myself.
  • Footbox air vents plus blowers.
  • Heater. Raleigh-area owners, do you think this is a worthwhile addition?
  • Vintage Halibrand wheels, 17x9F/17x10.5R plus MT tires
  • Wilwood Brakes
  • Boig Quiet Pipes
  • Planning on the Breeze DS Roll Bar, which I'll eventually get chromed.
  • ...and assorted other options like powder-coated chassis, body cutouts, leather seats, wind wings, sun visors, wiper kit, sway bars, driveshaft safety loop, & some other Breeze and Russ Thompson goodies.

I'm a first-time builder and know that I have much to learn, and I'm really excited to get started! Please feel free to poke holes in my plan or offer up suggestions. Thanks!

-Andrew