I came across a deal for a previous build '33 that is a really good deal. I'm very seriously considering going this route, but have discovered an issue that I have concerns about.
The car is built and originally titled in Michigan and their assembled vehicle rules say that the car is titled the year of completion, which is 2015. If I built the car here in Texas it could be titled as a 1933 and be exempt from yearly inspections and emissions regulations. My question for anyone here who may have any insight is: when I do a title transfer to Texas am I going to be able to change the year, or be able to register it as a "Replica" or "Street Rod" in order to avoid emissions regs?

I've been pouring through the TxDot Assembled Vehicle Manual AND the TxDot Registration Manuals, and I can't find a definitive answer either way. Though that my be due to my reading comprehension or my attention span, and the real answer is there in black and white.

I'm going to go talk to the kind ladies at the registration office tomorrow - thankfully they're open here in Llano county - but I thought I'd present the question to the forum for feedback as well.