Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: CAI 5.0 Coyote

Post Thanks / Like

CAI 5.0 Coyote

What CAI brand is being used for the 5.0 Coyote engine in the Hot Rod? Where is the best place to purchase it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Page 3 of FFR's Hot Rod Coyote Installation Instructions shows 2 options. I went with the Treadstone Performance parts (bought from their website) and added their flow straightener. Everything fit well with minimal modifications.

If you haven't already, download and read the Hot Rod Coyote Installation Instructions - then study edwardb's build threads to see how to REALLY install and wire the engine. (Paul's 20th Anniversary Roadster if you have a Gen 2 Coyote or his Type 65 Coupe build for a Gen 3 Coyote.) There are tips and nuggets of information in everything Paul posts, which will save you lots of time when you're looking for the correct heater hose fitting, how to wire the trinary switch / fan control circuit, and 2 dozen things you haven't thought of yet. Also, Paul's builds are done to a very high standard, so you have good examples of how to do it all right the first time.

HTH, Keith HR #894

3. Thanks edwardb thanked for this post
    Likes TxMike64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw in your other post that you have a Gen 1 Coyote. IIRC, Paul built an earlier model roadster with a Gen 1 Coyote - but you may have to do some digging to find that old build thread. Also (again relying on my fading memory) I think Paul used Moroso oil pans when he needed something shallower than stock. Check his build threads for part numbers and related issues (like having to shorten the pickup arm). The oil pans are available at all the usual suspects, like Summit for example. Keith