Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Congrats to the FFR PDG GTM Team for another victory...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the FFR PDG GTM Team for another victory...

FFR PDG GTM comes from behind at Buttonwillow raceway to win ES and finish 2nd overall in the three hour Andy Salvaggio memorial event.

Chris Durbin was the driver of the FFR PDG GTM for the Andy Salvaggio memorial event this weekend, and the race really couldn't have gone much better for the team. Qualifying was not the greatest, although the FFR PDG GTM was turning consistent, regular lap times, many very quick cars showed up to this event, resulting in the FFR PDG GTM being gridded 5th. The start of the race was good for Chris, but unfortunately he got into a position where he was either going to have to trade paint or let some positions go during the first couple laps as some of the other guys were pretty much running this three hour race like a 30 minute sprint race. Chris did the smart thing and let them go. They eventually wore themselves and/or their cars out and Chris was able to pick them off one by one.

Pit stops were another area of advantage for the FFR PDG GTM team as the pit stop time for the car was well under a minute, while other teams were in for considerably longer with tire changes. The FFR PDG GTM went from 3rd place in class to 1st, for the most part, because of the very quick and flawless pit stop. Not that Chris wasn't driving an excellent race and making sure to stay right in a striking postion, but the pit work really made the difference, or maybe I should say that the lack of quality pit work on the other teams parts made the difference.

All in all the event went very well, and proved, once again, how potent the platform of a GTM with a Mendeola gearbox and moderate horsepower really is.

Here's to hoping the 25 goes as well...
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats guys!

I'm glad to hear that things are going well again! It's also nice that Andy's legacy continues strong with this win!

Take care, and good luck.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice showing. A win is a win. We all love the pretty ones, but the scrappy ones count exactly the same.

Good luck in the 25 hour. You show those guys what can be done in a reasonably priced GTM.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013