FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What did you do for Valentines Day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What did you do for Valentines Day?

I personally took the girlfriend on her first extended ride in the Cobra to the airport. We took out little 172 over to Marco Island for a romantic lunch. What did you guys do?

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife is traveling this week for work. I'm having pizza with my girls and watching Enchanted
    FFR 3985RD. . .legend lime w/rootbeer stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    We had lobster. No ffr rides tonight, about minus 20 f here .... Next ride in May.

Jim
    Jim
    ffr4541, non donour build, bad Ford crate engine, skinned knuckles, lots of fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wife cooked us a great dinner and we both watching the bachelor, no life
    MKlll FF#5501 427w Roller,TKO 600,Hydroboost Brakes,Heidt's Adjustable PS valve, 4 wheel cobra disc,355 gears, Moser axels,ISIS Intelligent Multiplex System ,heated seats.painted by (NCPAINTER)

Post Thanks / Like
    Beef Stew and Scallops... I know, weird combination. Nothing to unusual here, settling in for another Monday night!
    Mike, FFR 4263 MKII, Red/Silver, 331 and Loads of FUN!!!!
    Maybe I will Update this for the new forum....

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just back from a great meal - steaks - wife got flowers at the office for putting up with me for 32 years! It's our 32nd wedding anniversary - the wedding day was her idea so I would not forget the day - may not remember how many years but not the day!
    She's clever like that ... (even planned so our birthdays are on the same day! - an amazing lady!)
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like
    Wife/Daughter and me went out for a dinner at our favorite one-off steak house. Ruined by an obnoxious coworker that just happened to be at the next table. Steak was fabulous though.
    Dan

FFR 6459, Basque Red Pearl, Silver Sky Metallic, 408W, TKO-500, Power by ISIS, IRS, PS, PB, 15" Pin-Drive, Loads of Extras, Loads of Fun
    Delivered Jan 08 - Graduation May 09

Build Pictures
    http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k...bra%20Project/

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not only Saint Valentine today, it's also our anniversary (7 years already)
    Champagne, flowers ...
    I'm a happy

Post Thanks / Like
    My night wasn't quite as romantic as some of you guys. We had a quick meal with my three boys knockout some homework and then went to a Boy Scout committee meeting until 9:30. She sleeping and here I am lurking around with you guys.
    MKIII 4330RD 306 Carb,T5Z,355 3 link,Team III w/Kuho Ecsta XS.
    Delivered 10/04
    Graduated 06/06
    Class of 2006 #30

I'd rather die while I'm living than live when I'm dead!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wife is in Florida for the winter with her horses; sent her cards, Godiva Chocolates and had flowers delivered. I'm home with the dog & cats hanging out in the garage with a ham and cheese sandwich and cold Miller High Life. Life is good

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from our 31st valentines day dinner. We spent it having filet's and a bottle of red wine topped off with some chocolate fondue desserts at Ocean Prime in Scottsdale at City North. I reserved her favorite table near the outdoor fireplace (it was 81 today).

Hope you had a good one, too!

Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    did Nothing !
    VenomXS - SuperCobra 1
    New Website with All My Projects | Graduation | POM | Awarded by Factory Five ! |Powered by 03 SVT Cobra Terminator|Please Join SoCal FFRs Group !

Post Thanks / Like
    Made her a custom Valentine's Day card on the computer with our picture on it. No dinner out or big gifts, no money for it right now...

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My wife plays in an orchestra so she's working tonight. Daugher is not feeling well and I took the boys to a Boy Scout meeting.
    But I did take my wife out for a nice dinner Friday night knowing tonight wouldn't work. Did the usual cards & flowers.
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought her roses, chocolates and a card..... then went off to night shift.
    She made me long stem roses out of strawberries dipped in white chocolate on bamboo skewers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I left work early, bought flowers for my wife, then went to the credit union and wired a lot of money to factory five!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent her Flowers, candy and a teddybear in army camo....talked to her on skype, told her not to cry......cant wait to get home to my best friend and partner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Took her and her sister (+husband) to a nice dinner in a quiet restaraunt and then to see Elton John perform.

Guy is nearly 70 and he can sure still play! Voice is pretty darn good still too!

Sean
    MK 3.5 roadster (MK IV body retrofit to MK III chassis) 396W stroker, 4 bbl mass air EFI, QH (self-tuned), AFR 195CC Renegade, XE274HR, GP 4-1-4 SS headers, 3link, 3.73, 15" Halibrand replicas, SAI mod, bumpers, 2 X roll bars, I² electronics, PS, hydroboosted brakes: 95 GT front, custom MK VIII calipers/Cobra discs rear, FFR front, Levy rear LCA's, Forte front, VPM rear bars, CF dash, mod comp layout w/Auto Meter Ultra-Lites, Lucas tri-bar headlights, coupe taillights, painted by SRP (again!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Got off early and Took her to a nice dinner for steaks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weekend getaway at Jekyll Island Georgia at the Club Hotel. Very relaxing retreat and we've had beautiful weather. An Austin Healey car club arrived on Sunday which was a treat. Always nice to see guys enjoying their cars and sharing them with others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a couple of Pan con Bistec sandwiches, and bought a 16k mile 87 Grand National.
    SOLD MY MK III Oct 4. 2010
    1987 Buick Grand National (All original with only 16k miles on it)
    1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Currently undergoing a complete Frame off restoration)
    2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew (Daily Driver)
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (Beater)

Superannuated Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out for candlelight dinner and warm conversation. Our 43rd Valentine's day and they just get better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Celebrated the Father in Law's Birthday. Hard to make it romantic when the in-laws are around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We both worked.
    She made supper.
    I ate it.
    Burped.
    Went to bed.
    Fell sound asleep.
    -RELOAD-
    We both went to work....

Actually - being the insensitive clod that I am, I only bought her a ruby studded hear necklace and forgot the darned flowers..
    No Cobra ride here either..
    I sure like the looks of J's car though.. ((Drool))
    Regards - Randy
    Racecar Fab/Support
    GT40 331 - Weber IDAs, G50 5spd
    69 Camaro SS 4spd
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - 44.2 MPG daily driver
    2002 Avalanche 2500 - Avian Target
    My GT-40 Build Site: http://www.GT-FORTY.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Had the first Valentine's Day dinner in twenty years alone with my lovely bride of 30 plus years! It felt strange at first not having the kids around but was a very nice time. Kind of enjoying being empty nesters. Did not even think about going into the garage to diagnose the non-charging alternator in the Cobra even though my first driver's school is coming up in three weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to visit my mother in the hospital, had dinner afterwards at a nice cafe then went home and relaxed.
    Currently re-building FFR5066K 5.0 T5 3:55 four link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinner at home, a bottle of wine, a nice relaxing hot bath where we both soaked for over an hour while discussing this and that. Finished the bottle of wine sitting in front of the fireplace and gave each other massages. Peaceful, relaxing, quiet (we both turned off our cell phones), a little smooth jazz in the background.......

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did something I've never done in almost 32 years of marriage: Prepared a complete dinner for the wife & I, including Maine lobster tails and tuna & shrimp kabobs, while she was picking up a friend at the airport. Presented the dinner and a dozen yellow roses (her favorites) when she got home. She was absolutely amazed that I did it and that it turned out perfectly. She didn't even think I knew how to turn on the oven, nevermind cook something in it, since my cooking experience is limited to the grill & microwave. Just so she won't get any ideas, I told her it will take me at least a year to recover from all that work.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Helicopter Wrench-Bender ChopperJustin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flowers, Candy, Card, and tried hard to stay out of trouble
    "Gravity, It's The Law"