Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speeedhut Speedo errors and tranny sender

Post Thanks / Like

Speeedhut Speedo errors and tranny sender

Just before the Deep South Cobra Club event this year where we had 32 Cobras, my Speedo started acting up. On startup the dial would swing a little bit and the ODO quit working as well. I tried to reset the guage with the pushbutton but no luck. Is there any way to test the sender in the transmission which is a TKO600.

I can send the guage to Speedhut, for repair, but I want it converted to a GPS speedo. I wonder if I get the other advantages that the GPS speedos have, such as nax speed, 0- 1/4 mile and 0-60 times.

If anyone knows the answers please advise
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not just buy their GPS speedo? $225
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.