Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ride Height Education

Post Thanks / Like

Ride Height Education

Hey Guys

I need a little education on the ride height, or maybe I'm just missing something obvious

I'm using the lower holes since I'm running the fenders / running boards so it says Front is 5.5" & rear is 6" and to measure from the ground to the bottom of the frame.

My confusion is what part of the frame do I measure? Especially for the front since the frame angles up to the suspension? In my pics, do I measure where I have the red circle for front and rear in the first pic, or for the front do I measure on the frame rail that I have the arrow in the 2nd pic?

Also, is there a pretty straight forward procedure for doing this? Thanks in advance

fullsizeoutput_39.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_38.jpeg

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    The points you circled are the points I use. You can purchase a variety of ride height measuring tools to make this job easier at the track but when setting mine on my four-post lift I use a machinist's scale and a long level (for a straight edge, my lift is already level). The level sits across the two ramps making it easier to split hairs on the measurement by using the top edge of the level to read the scale. Remember when making an adjustment on your coilovers you should jack up the car to unload the spring before turning the adjuster to prevent thread damage (use anti-sieze on the threads). Then roll the car forward and aft a few feet to settle the suspension before measuring again.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    The first pic is spot on.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    The points you circled are the points I use. You can purchase a variety of ride height measuring tools to make this job easier at the track but when setting mine on my four-post lift I use a machinist's scale and a long level (for a straight edge, my lift is already level). The level sits across the two ramps making it easier to split hairs on the measurement by using the top edge of the level to read the scale. Remember when making an adjustment on your coilovers you should jack up the car to unload the spring before turning the adjuster to prevent thread damage (use anti-sieze on the threads). Then roll the car forward and aft a few feet to settle the suspension before measuring again.
    Cool...Thanks Naz.....yeah my 4 post lift is level too so it's a good starting point..... Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    The first pic is spot on.

cool...Thanks