57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is insane... I guess that Buck doesnt like bikes
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Always wear your helmet:
    A few years back I came home from work and my friend David Parker and his son were at the house using the swimming pool.
    Before they left Dave told me " One of my buddies got a new ZX1100 and said I could take it for a ride later today"
    I told him "Wear your helmet pal" as here in NH there is no mandatory helmet law.
    App 9:30PM that night I get a call from his ex telling me that he'd had an accident on the bike and was in the hospital.
    Dave was 45 then, and like me we first rode on bikes back in the 60's with drum brakes and with those you could get away with using the front brake in slow stops.
    Wrong but people did it anyway.
    He was on a Kawi ZX 1100 with ( I think) dual front disc brakes and incredible stopping power.
    At app 25MPH on that little side street he hit the front brake and it launched him over the handlebars.
    He came down on his head and smashed his head on a rock the size of a softball.
    I saw him that night in ICU with his head split open in 4-5 places.
    He was pronounced brain dead 5 days later.
    I lost a good friend and a son lost a father over something just plain stupid to die over.
    I tell people that I see without helmets that "I could take a 2X4 and beat your body with it for a 1/2 hour and you'd probably survive but if I hit you just once in the head with that 2X4 you'd probably die"
    If this still doesn't get through then wear the helmet for those that love you.
    They are the ones that will carry through life the heartbreak of your bad choices.
    Sorry for the off topic rant but even now seven years later this waste of a good life and loss of a friend eats at me.
    It should never have happenned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Movieman, your story is a repeated many times a week in this country. I don't know how many times I've said use your helmet to friends. Most of the people I know don't use a helmet and they are intelligent people that simply think it won't happen to them. Up the street a young man allowed a friend to drive his new Hyabusa, just from the dealer, no insurance, no helmet, and no experiance. He let the throttle go and wheeled over him and landed on his back head first. He did not survive that day. Granted high speed kills but many accidents involving bikes are simple, close to home happenings. Your analogy with the 2x4 is spot on. I feel for your loss and pray for his soul and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK C View Post
    Movieman, your story is a repeated many times a week in this country. I don't know how many times I've said use your helmet to friends. Most of the people I know don't use a helmet and they are intelligent people that simply think it won't happen to them. Up the street a young man allowed a friend to drive his new Hyabusa, just from the dealer, no insurance, no helmet, and no experiance. He let the throttle go and wheeled over him and landed on his back head first. He did not survive that day. Granted high speed kills but many accidents involving bikes are simple, close to home happenings. Your analogy with the 2x4 is spot on. I feel for your loss and pray for his soul and family.
    Thank you.
    Maybe we can get others to try and get this point across and hopefully save some lives.
    There's also a part of me that is stil so mad at Dave as he was a smart guy and should have listened.
    I'm not naive. Seen too much death in my life but some is unavoidable.
    What gets to me on this one is that it was so easily avoidable.