Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paint options in Calgary?

Post Thanks / Like

Paint options in Calgary?

I'm brand new to the forum and just picked up a partially finished kit for a Cobra. We are working on completing the mechanical and the body has been block sanded and primed. I am thinking it would make sense to get a base coat of paint on the outside and the visible sections of the inside of the body before attaching the body and doing some final coats. Does anyone have any ideas on any body shops in Calgary that would be interested/able to do the body in a two step process?

This is my first post so if I'm in the wrong section any guidance to the correct section would be appreciated too.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry can't help with painters but most cars are painted body off. They will set the gaps and fill as required to get the hood, door, and trunk to fit and then take it off to paint
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input. I am in contact with a few body shops that do these projects so it’s good to know what is usually done.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a forum member from Airdrie: Norm B. He may be able to help with where to go for paint.

Good luck

Geoff