Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: New 35 Truck Build now underway in Venice FL

Post Thanks / Like

New 35 Truck Build now underway in Venice FL

Hi All,

I have been reading your posts for a few months now, but, since we have received our 35 Truck kit... guess it's time for my 1st post.

Inventory has been completed, front end components are at the powder coat shop and soon we will begin assembly.

Our truck will be powered by a Proformance Coyote, TCI Super Streetfighter 4r70 and a Moser 8.8

The finish color will be Daytona Blue and Saddle leather for interior. Wheels/Tires still undecided.

Still doing a fair bit of reading of 35 build threads, and I am sure will have plenty of questions for those of you that have completed your truck.

Regards, Warren
    Venice, FL

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Let the fun begin.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Congrats on your build. I'm doing a truck too. Done at Factory Five and scheduled for delivery this weekend. I'm going rogue and putting an LS3 in mine. Received the Moser axle yesterday. Nice piece. Will follow your build if you post more often. My build thread is started. Link in sig line below.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent, live very close to you
    FFR 35 p/u # 0014
    I used to think I needed a Rolex watch, now I’d be happier with a Swedish K!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations and welcome to the madness. I am also very close so let me know if you need anything.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Truck Builders club!

Always feel welcome to ask questions of anyone on this board, me or others.

Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Pat
    Once again with an 88 mm Turbo, Big Block Chevy powered, ‘35 Hot Rod Pickup

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Good to see another FL 35 build.
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all that have responded and your offers of support through this build, This is our 1st FFR build so I am sure I'll run into a few (hopefully only a few) snags and look forward to your help and advice.

9. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    florida is a fun place for these cars. enjoy the build. don't forget the ac.
    Last edited by Turbo; 12-20-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see you went with an automatic. Can I ask what made you decide to go this route? I am trying to decide if i want to go with an auto in my truck build. I love the TKO in my roadster build, but I am undecided in the next build.
    Retired Army. 2020 Roadster Complete Kit, Gen 2 Coyote w/Gen 3 Intake, and 3.55 IRS. 2024 Coupe Gen 3 Coyote Complete kit, 3.73 IRS, T56 Mag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsond003 View Post
    I see you went with an automatic. Can I ask what made you decide to go this route? I am trying to decide if i want to go with an auto in my truck build. I love the TKO in my roadster build, but I am undecided in the next build.
    Deciding factors were the cabin size (pax comfort) and intended usage (car shows and cruises). A majority of the time, will have two occupants and our dog, felt the auto was a better choice for a family truckster. The engine/trans package arrives in March, I will definitely share photos of installation and subsequent integration thoughts.

13. Likes nelsond003 liked this post