Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FL type 65 coupe builders

Post Thanks / Like

FL type 65 coupe builders

I got ready today to pull the trigger on ordering the Gen 3 coupe. One of the first questions I asked Factory Five was, will getting in and out of the coupe be as easy as my mark IV I built 3 years ago. He said NO, and suggested I get on the forum to see if there is a finished gen 3 near me in FL.

I live in Mount Dora, which is about 45 minutes NW of Orlando. I sure would appreciate anyone contacting me so that I may evaluate whether I buy that build or not.

Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've got a Gen 3 Coupe and am in Port Charlotte. I am using the Kirkey low back seat on the Breeze platform. You're welcome to stop by. My email is hrenaud at comcast dot net

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    They were honest with you. I've had both and it's true. Maybe similar to a Roadster with a top. But the wide sills on the Coupe add to the challenge. Comments based on my experience and after my first season driving our Gen 3 Coupe. First, seats make a difference. The Factory Five prototype I first sat in had Kirkeys mounted directly on the floor. Kind of fell in and not so fun to get back out. Way too low for my average height. Having the seats up higher that matched my height helped a bunch. Also some high back racing seats have a wraparound at the shoulder that can really hinder things. Don't go for that unless you need it. Second, I found a quick release steering wheel helped a ton. Not so much getting in because gravity is at work. But getting back out being able to remove the wheel made it considerably easier. Finally, practice. I pop and in and out without thinking about it now. Certainly wasn't that way at first. Once I figured out what worked for me and practiced it some, helped a bunch. Just keep these things in mind as you're looking. Henry will treat you well.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    65 Cobra Dude, I sent you an e mail.