BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote / RF wiring diagram

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote / RF wiring diagram

Been reading everything I can on the wiring and merging of a Gen 2 coyote harness and the RF harness into a Mk4. Wondering if anybody has taken the time to draw a wiring diagram for this setup? If so would you be willing to share it? I have searched and find a lot of description but not an all inclusive diagram. I seem to do better visually with a diagram vs narrative descriptions. Ultimately I would want the diagram for my records anyway in order to assist with troubleshooting down the road.

My kit was delivered May 2017 and the control pack was delivered Jan 2018.

The car has been sitting for sometime due to my hesitancy of the wiring.

Feel free to post or IM me.

Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't overthink it. It's really not that complicated. The Coyote harness is almost completely standalone and mostly doesn't connect to the RF harness. That includes power, ground, connection to the cooling fan, connection to the starter, PCM, O2 sensors, clutch switch, accelerator pedal, ODB2 port, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. The Ford Performance instructions lay it all out pretty clearly. The FFR instructions are of course useful too.

There are literally only three connections between the Coyote harness and the RF harness: (1) Fuel pump, (2) light blue Starter Motor Request (SMR) goes to the blue RF start wire, (3) light green Ignition Relay Trigger goes to an ignition "on" circuit in the RF harness. Most commonly used is the RF EFI/Coil wire. I've also used the RF choke wire.

In it's simplest terms, the Coyote system once powered does everything. It just needs a signal to wake up and stay alive (the Ignition Relay Trigger) and a signal to start (the Starter Motor Request). Connecting to the RF fuel pump connection isn't mandatory. You could run the Coyote fuel pump wire directly to the pump and it would be fine. But using the RF setup adds the inertia switch (a safety item) plus uses the existing harness wire for the run to the pump at the back of the car.
    Last edited by edwardb; 01-12-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering the same thing, so this is really helpful. Thanks edwardb!
    Matt

FFR Complete Kit, Coyote, Tremec TKX, 3.73 IRS, power steering, 18" Halibrands, Wilwood brakes, Gas-N pipes + header, Viking blue color
    Roadster Build Time Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information Paul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure where I got this pic but it this is how I wired 7275. Hope this helps-

Last edited by nuhale; 01-13-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021