Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help with running the rear wire loom

Post Thanks / Like

Help with running the rear wire loom

So I got D's in English class, this part of the manual makes no sense to me. So for running the wire loom from the fuse box to the rear tail lights, does the loom go under the floor, on top of the floor, or inside the trans tunnel? Does it go under the battery tray?

Pictures to help:IMG_9732.jpgIMG_9730.jpgIMG_9731.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I routed mine thru the drive tunnel along with the pos bat. cable; there is one connector at about ½ way (visible in your pics)that connects to the trans. for the speedo. I would advise against making "permanent connections" at this point. Now that I have everything connected and working I see ways to improve on my earlier decisions - wish I had used wire nuts instead of solder and not been so quick to shorten wires that seemed to be too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron451 View Post
    So I got D's in English class, this part of the manual makes no sense to me. So for running the wire loom from the fuse box to the rear tail lights, does the loom go under the floor, on top of the floor, or inside the trans tunnel? Does it go under the battery tray?

Pictures to help:IMG_9732.jpgIMG_9730.jpgIMG_9731.jpg
    Sense I was putting in center console I ran mine across the tunnel through the console and then down through the trans tunnel at rear of cab as Mike says. I think its all a matter of preference. If not putting console in I think I would run the entire length from firewall to rear of cab inside the trans tunnel. Secure it well out of the way of all moving parts And Mikes advice of temping things first is good idea. I would change a lot of how I did things after completing other stages of project and seeing how one thing affects another.

Post Thanks / Like
    bnelson - did you see my last build thread entry? I think the term is "bite the bullit"

Post Thanks / Like
    Not the biggest fan of running it in with the drive-line, and sounds like the upcoming e-brake is on the passenger side, sounds like I am going to try to run it above the floor on the drivers side between the seat and the trans tunnel.