Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Ming's MK4 Roadster #9958 Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on getting back to regular exercise

Engine mount - I’m not a coyote guy, so can’t comment directly on your experience regarding clearance. But while I know it’s a tight fit, I haven’t read of anyone having to shim under their mounts, and doing engineering on safety items like this always concerns me. I’d suggest posting this specific item in the main roadster forum to get more eyes on it, if you haven’t already.

Radiator mount - cool. Breeze makes a nice kit, but the components are readily sourced, and it seems fairly straightforward to produce something that works well and looks good.

Glove box - good for you, and good progress so far. You can see detail in my build thread … a bit messy where it doesn’t show, but fully functional and neat looking where it does. Fixit has a humorous and very frank coverage of his attempts and ultimate success in his thread. You can find others as well.

For my glove box, I’m now very comfortable with the use of Super77 for covering material and JBWeld for the structural stuff. Could have (and wish I would have) made the epoxy neater on the back side, but as I said, works fine regardless and won’t show. I liked using the galvanized from the HVAC aisle for this project and would use it again.

Your question about outside corners. Not totally sure what you mean. Maybe take a look at my or other build threads and PM me with questions. Good luck and good progress!
    Last edited by John Ibele; 01-04-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    MK4 #7838: IRS 3.55 TrueTrac T5z Dart 347
    The drawing is from ~7th grade, mid-1970s
    Meandering, leisurely build thread is here