Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: 818C first start!

Post Thanks / Like

818C first start!

If you want more details, be sure to check out my build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ht-s-818-Build

I took care of all the last-minute items before first start, like checking suspension bolts for tightness, checking fuel lines, fluid levels, ride height, etc. I primed the oil system by removing the spark plugs and cranking the engine for two minutes in 30-second bursts. I had already put a few drops in each cylinder and the turbo bearing. With the help of my wife, I moved the hardtop into the yard and rolled the go-kart stage car out into the driveway. it was a little surreal to have the car out and the garage "empty" for the first time in over two years!

Attachment 141276 Attachment 141277 Attachment 141278 Attachment 141279

I had a couple friends come over to be with me and my family for first start, as well as lots of distant family who couldn't come because of the pandemic. Kiwi Dave form the forum is a local and is maybe a week or two behind me, so he came to visit for the start. My best friend CrispyRX7 also came over - he's a genius with cars and has tons of experience, plus we've been helping each other on our various car journeys, so I made sure he could here for this milestone. See below for the video showing the big day!

https://youtu.be/1mrsjXIEMQo

Long story short, after checking FAS (fuel, air, and spark) it turned out to be a fuel filter-to-outlet grommet that was just old and not sealing well. After we shortcut that I was in business! I've gotten a new grommet and replaced it now.

Attachment 141282 Attachment 141283
    Last edited by octobersknight; 01-23-2021 at 05:01 PM.
    818C chassis #546. Ordered 8/14/18, picked up 10/6/18. First start 01/16/2021!
    Donor: 2006 WRX wagon, 108k miles.
    Options: Chassis powder coat, CF street splitter, rockers, diffuser, and spoiler, polished shift knob, adjustable rear lower lateral control arms, vinyl padded dash/door, complete carpet set, battery cut-off switch, wiper kit, aluminum shifter assembly, complete CV axles, harness bar mount, matte gunmetal wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, such a great feeling of joy and relief! Great to see your whole family involved!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! A huge accomplishment.
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Scott!!! Great to be there for it, and I too learned a lot from CrispyRX7.

Amazing that a $2.50 part prevented the car from starting! I suspect it dried out after a couple of years without being exposed to fuel. For those that are interested, the part number is 42025AE010 - you may as well get a new one of these when ordering some parts just as insurance since it was difficult to spot the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! I'm very impressed by all your friends and family witnessing this big milestone. Of course, having the street marked for your 818 and the VIP parking also shows it is momentous!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome Scott, congratulations!