Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen 3 Floor Mats

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gen 3 Floor Mats

Hey Folks,

Anyone find a suitable sub for Gen 3 floor mats? FFR has them on their todo list but no expected completion date.

Thx,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    I just put in an order with a template to Lloyd Mats (https://lloydmats.com/). I'll let you know how they end up and will tell them to keep my template for others (assuming it looks okay).

I initially called the guys that EdwardB used (can't remember their name) but they said the lost many of their templates in a facility move so I'd have to create a new set... And honestly they seemed a little scattered to me, so I didn't want to take the risk (although it seems like Paul had excellent results).
    Cheers,

--jim

Build 1: Gen III Type 65 Coupe, Gen II Coyote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jim!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamacaroon View Post
    I just put in an order with a template to Lloyd Mats (https://lloydmats.com/). I'll let you know how they end up and will tell them to keep my template for others (assuming it looks okay).

I initially called the guys that EdwardB used (can't remember their name) but they said the lost many of their templates in a facility move so I'd have to create a new set... And honestly they seemed a little scattered to me, so I didn't want to take the risk (although it seems like Paul had excellent results).
    https://www.floormatguys.com/. Too bad. They were decent. But I agree probably not the most organized. I think the website is just a storefront. They were made at another location and sounded like they had several. They would have done a heel pad or a logo (for an artwork charge) but I kept them simple. Fit well and held up fine during the first season. I did add tie-downs in the rear corners.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just arrived today! Very happy with the quality. The only thing is that they do appear slightly darker than the carpet— but I think that's just because they don't have a fine layer of dust on them , and appear to reflect more of the camera flash. I'll take some better photos in natural light (these photos were super quick and crappy in the dark garage). Also, keep in mind they have various different color and carpet weight/style options.

A few notes:

1. I had a logo put on mine, but obviously you can choose your own or not have one put on at all.
    2. They will NOT make them without the grommets on the driver side— for liability reasons is my guess. So keep that in mind.
    3. My driver's seat slides back and forth, so I sized them to accommodate for that. If you want ones that cover the entire floor then you'll probably need to create your own template.
    4. If you like this template, just tell them to look up Jim Heising's order for the Daytona Coupe. I told them to hold on to the pattern, so hopefully they did.

IMG_0989 2.jpg
    IMG_0994 2.jpg
    IMG_0990 2.jpg
    IMG_0992 2.jpg
    Last edited by Alphamacaroon; 02-08-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    Cheers,

--jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Very nice Jim - thanks for the follow up. I'll be ordering some tonight!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    Very nice Jim - thanks for the follow up. I'll be ordering some tonight!

Henry
    Awesome. I was working with Gary Lavender if that helps.
    Last edited by Alphamacaroon; 02-08-2021 at 10:43 PM.
    Cheers,

--jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I should probably mention one more thing— I have Noico sound deadener (similar to Dynamat) + Noico heat barrier foam + carpet on my footbox sides. So it's possible my templates might be slightly undersized for those who have carpet alone. I also made mine just a tad undersized because I figured slightly undersized was better than slightly oversized. So if you desire a laser precision fit, keep that in mind. But I can't imagine it'd be that much of a noticeable difference.
    Last edited by Alphamacaroon; 02-08-2021 at 11:36 PM.
    Cheers,

--jim