Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Northern Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Northern Virginia

Hi everyone from Northern Virginia. I've owned a Cobra replica from "another brand" for 19 years now. I've always had a soft spot for the Factory Five cars. I am now in a place in life where I have the garage space to build my own. I have been doing lots and lots of digging and I think the time has come to order a Type 65 Coupe R. I can't wait! My son is off to college now studying to be a mechanical engineer, so that will be handy too. I have been a life-long car guy (it is a genetic defect passed down from my father to me and from me to my son). I also have a 1982 Mercury Zephyr that I swapped a 347 stroker w/ a TKO 600 for my sleeper car.

I'm really impressed with the Factory Five community and all of the knowledge and friendly advice available here. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that when I get to start building my own. I hope I'm also able to give back some along the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I'm in Stafford just south of Quantico. I'm pretty much finished with my Mk4 Roadster, been building it since Mar of '17. Me and a neighbor with a Mk3 took it to Whitby Motorcars in Greensboro, NC just this past Fri. for some finishing touches and body/paint.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome... lots to read!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a nice project! We're looking to get a Cobra replica project as well.