BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: power brake booster

Post Thanks / Like

power brake booster

Does any one have pic's of the installation of a power brake booster unit in their 33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what you want to see, but here is a photo of my booster temporarily mounted (without the firewall, and not plumbed). Let me know if you want to see something else. Keith HR #894

20210217_154514.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I was looking for a pic showing how the booster linkage will connect with the wilwood brake pedal or if you need a different brake pedal set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a different answer depending on whose booster and which engine you use. The Whitby booster mounts low on the firewall and has a direct linkage to the Whitby supplied brake pedal. The attachment is below the pivot point of the brake pedal, so pushing on the brake pedal pushes on the rod to the booster. This is the standard (easy) method.

I was not able to use the Whitby system because the Coyote blocks off the area below the pedal box in the tiny '33 engine compartment. I had to switch things around and mount the booster higher than the pedal box - which means that I needed a bell-crank mechanism to reverse the direction of force and get the correct stoke. I repurposed the Wilwood clutch pedal so I could use the use their clevis to attach the pedal to the bell-crank - all of which is above the pedal pivot point. Doing all this required several expensive parts from McMaster-Carr and a lot of fabrication time. I don't recommend going this way unless you have no other option.

Keith HR #89420210217_154428 (1).jpg20210223_164751.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keith for all your info. seems like a lot of work, will try the brakes again when the snow is gone and decide then.