Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alt / starter harness firewall hole location?

Post Thanks / Like

Alt / starter harness firewall hole location?

Hi all, I have been studying a lot of build threads and do not commonly see the suggested FFR location used for the alt/starter branch of the chassis harness. But I can't tell where/how people are routing this branch. Suggestions?? Pics would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Here's the suggested location:

Last edited by richtersand; 03-04-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    Matt

FFR Complete Kit, Coyote, Tremec TKX, 3.73 IRS, power steering, 18" Halibrands, Wilwood brakes, Gas-N pipes + header, Viking blue color
    Roadster Build Time Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Go into FF5 site and look for instructions for all the different models- you’ll find most of the instructions for just about everything. Ron Francis also has the instructions for their FF5 kit. I recently found an early version dated 2012 which was a little different. The holes in your photo are to the right of the center support bracket. But you should see a page showing where you place the holes to run different wire bundles. I’m sure everyone does it a bit different. For example when we started to mount the vintage air ac compressor, we couldn’t get the drive belt to line up with our setup. We ended up using a different mounting system.
    Mac morgan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
    Go into FF5 site and look for instructions for all the different models- you’ll find most of the instructions for just about everything. Ron Francis also has the instructions for their FF5 kit. I recently found an early version dated 2012 which was a little different. The holes in your photo are to the right of the center support bracket. But you should see a page showing where you place the holes to run different wire bundles. I’m sure everyone does it a bit different. For example when we started to mount the vintage air ac compressor, we couldn’t get the drive belt to line up with our setup. We ended up using a different mounting system.
    Mac morgan
    Thanks Mac, appreciate the perspective.
    Matt

FFR Complete Kit, Coyote, Tremec TKX, 3.73 IRS, power steering, 18" Halibrands, Wilwood brakes, Gas-N pipes + header, Viking blue color
    Roadster Build Time Tracker