Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anti Moan Brackets Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Anti Moan Brackets Needed

Prior to buying online, I thought I would see if anyone had the anti moan brackets for the 11.65 rear brake kit on an 87-93 8.8 rear end. If you have a set you want to get rid of, PM me a price you have in mind.

Thank You,

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Future Mk4 builder/owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You found some online?
    I know the cobra 11.65 brackets were discontinued and hard to get.
    I looked for awhile myself and finally got luckily and found a pair.
    Good luck on your search though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought some from LMR.com. Should be here Sunday. Still waiting for my new power stop pads before installing.
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Future Mk4 builder/owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I didn't realize they made aftermarket ones. That's new.
    so I decided to check them out, but I hope they work for you though.

In one of the reviews it says it didn't work for the 93 cobra brakes. Im pretty sure that's what mine are with the 11.65 discs. He said they are only for the SN95 upgraded brakes. I don't know what size the SN95 brakes are.

Like i said, Good luck. I hope I am wrong and I hope they end up working for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to go back and reply to this thread. I installed the anti-moan brackets and had no issues with them fitting the 11.65 rear brake kit from FFR. Had to massage the radiused portions of the bracket for proper seating on the axle tube. Once in place, I simply torqued everything in place. Noise is now gone.

Scott