Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Brake pads for m4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuhale View Post
    So I have a thread open as well on the topic. I have boost with the "stock" 99 mustang PBR fronts and old IRS rears (been reported 95 mustang GT). I get stop.. but feels like a F150 with a bed of bricks. I did some trials yesterday on a utility road and I could NOT get the tires to lock from 30-40mph. It's ok but could be better. Upgrading to Hawk HPS. I do have a Wilwood prop valve and purpose for my trials was to see if I was front or rear bias.

I just bought these pads on Amazon yesterday and they were not terrible.

HB580F.627 - $79 (REAR)
    HB274F.610 - $69 (FRONT)
    Sounds like you may have air in the system or you are not getting a long enough throw on your booster. Are running hydoboost or vacuum boost? I have 93 mustang vacuum boost and can lock mine up pretty quick. I know on the vacuum booster you can adjust the arm attached to my brake pedal. I am running the kit from Whitby Motors. Not sure on the hydroboost one.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2STL View Post
    Sounds like you may have air in the system or you are not getting a long enough throw on your booster. Are running hydoboost or vacuum boost? I have 93 mustang vacuum boost and can lock mine up pretty quick. I know on the vacuum booster you can adjust the arm attached to my brake pedal. I am running the kit from Whitby Motors. Not sure on the hydroboost one.
    I have the Forte Hydroboost. The adjuster rod was set near perfect and I both bench bled the master cylinder and pressure bled the system with rigor. I won't rule this out of course and will give it some more bleed when I change the pads just in case. I know Mike has sold a bunch of the hydroboost setups but my experience has not been great.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

3. Likes Hacksaw84 liked this post