Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just received new bladder and foam from fuel safe

Post Thanks / Like

Just received new bladder and foam from fuel safe

the foam and bladder was in very bad shape, being 12 years old. Does the collector box with the pump sit on the rubber bladder in the center rear of the cell, Have the side fill will I have to trim some foam to allow clearance for the flap?

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fuel Safe uses at least two methods I know of to mount the collector, ether bond the collector to the bladder or block it in place with the foam.

If you haven't done this replacement before, there is a procedure many folks use to mitigate the explosion hazard when working with the foam. After draining all the fuel and letting the cell vent for a couple days, rinse the bladder and foam with water before attempting to position or remove the foam. This will reduce the chance of fuel vapors that can explode from static electricity discharge while removing the foam.

Have fun.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_2948.JPG Received replacement bladder, and foam from fuel safe not cheap but the correct one. Installation went well called fuel safe they walked me thru the installIMG_2952.JPG