Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello All from Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All from Minnesota

With this being my first post, an introduction seems to be the appropriate. This is Paul from Minnesota and I just wanted to say Hello and mention that I very much appreciate becoming part of the FFR family. I am just completing the process for our initial order on a MK4 complete kit. Just waiting for FFR to help finalize and enter it into the system. Hopefully in about 4-5 months, a truck will arrive just in time for a great MN winter project.

I've been planning on this project for some time but as we all know life, business, kids, etc... kept getting in the way. Thankfully, the time has finally come when my son and I will have time to create our Cobra. We are very much looking forward to the process. I've done partial and nearly full restorations and mod's on project cars over the years so while not a complete newbie, still plenty to learn. Luckily my son has formal training on the mechanical/engineering side of things so he will be an awesome sounding board when he is not able to help with a specific component of the car. The kid definitely knows more than dad does on this topic but I actually enjoy that. When I've had questions on a car project it has been a great opportunity to have him teach me.

I'll recreate this post in the Roadster forum as well. Obviously I'm very early in the process but I do like to get out in front of specific tasks when it's possible, and I do have early some questions for the much more experienced FFR family members.

I wish you all the best in your current builds, planning or enjoyment of your cars!! I can't wait to add ours to the family.

Cheers from MN!
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, welcome to the community!

I have found the most difficult part of building these kits is the logistics and especially when doing things outside of the kit or intentions of FFR. The build community here has helped in so many ways and I'm sure you'll find that to be the same. Good luck on your project, stay patient and happy building!

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Gen 3 Coupe #268 build: Project Lighting Coyote