Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Motor and Tranny Fitment

Post Thanks / Like

Motor and Tranny Fitment

Hey guys I am into my 35 truck build and I thought I would post a few pics. When you are building your fit FFR questions come up and it is nice to have a resource like this forum to go to. One of the questions I had was fitting the motor and the tranny. If it does not just fall into place how far can you go with adjustments. I am putting a SBC 383 Stroker and a 700r4 into mine. When I put the motor and tranny together and tried to install things were tight. Or I thought they were. I put the serpentine on the engine and slipped the unit into place. Everything was very close and bound up in a few places. After a few coffee breaks and a few calls to Dan about how far I could go with so minor mods everything fits great. Here are a few pics of the motor and the tranny in place. Note the trim on the tail shaft support.

IMG_1104.jpgIMG_1106.jpgIMG_1107.jpgIMG_1110.jpg
    Last edited by jmccrack; 03-17-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking real good. I flipped the trans mount bracket on the frame so I did not have to use the spacers. The final height of the transmission mount will be determined when you set your pinion angle. Cheers Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Jim!!

Who did you buy your Max Jack lift from? I’ve been thinking about one of those for a while now and have been watching prices off and on.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pat

I bought the loft from Princess Auto. Best thing I ever did. Installed in a couple of hours and run on 110v. And completely portable. Any other questions please call me

Cheers Jerry