Well, we didn't have a very good showing this last weekend at Buttonwillow. I qualified okay with a faster time than I had ever had at BW, but like I said in the other thread, the competition has gotten much faster over the last couple of years. I qualified 5th, but felt like I could stay with the other cars and we would be able to beat them based upon pit strategy. Namely we would make one stop while the others needed to make two during the 3 hour race. Turns out that would likely have been correct but we had an oiling system problem and Richard, the owner of the FFR PDG GTM, pulled the car from the race.

One of the things with the WERC series is that it is only 6 races, so if one misses a race there is basically no chance of competing for the year end championship. We are now in that position.

We have discussed as a team and it looks like instead of wasting money on running every event this year we will use those funds to improve the FFR PDG GTM with some much needed horsepower gains in preparation for the 2021 25 Hours of Thunderhill, which we are planning to run this December. I believe the Utah 6 hour is also on the list as we want to run a longer event to test both the car and crew. Probably will run a couple of others as well.

Very disappointing weekend, but racing can be this way.

Having a plan is good, but things rarely go according to plan.

Now we adjust our plans.