FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oil filter relocation kit - missing?

Post Thanks / Like

Oil filter relocation kit - missing?

Did FFR remove that oil filter relocation kit and hoses from their Complete kits?

Because I just did all my inventory and it's nowhere to be seen. Not on the POL, not on my box inventory sheets, nowhere. (Same with the driveshaft, but I already told FFR about that)

When I look at the marketing info on the Complete kit it says this oil filter relocation kit is standard but I see no reference to it on my order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be included. As an aside do you actually need it for your configuration? It's not required with long tube headers.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Do yourself a favor and get a 90* adapter instead. Fewer leaks. But as Jeff mentioned, only needed if using shorty headers and J pipes

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the J-pipes (technically they're POL, but still...)

And to be completely honest, I am going with the Ford 90 degree adapter. I just like getting everything I paid for.

I'm a little surprised. Both this and the driveshaft weren't even on the inventory for each box, nor were they on the POL list. The only reason I'm asking about them is because they somehow manifested themselves into my mind at some random time. I kind of feel like I should do a line-by-line comparison between my inventory, the POL list, my Order Confirmation, and the website listing everything the complete comes with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is still in the box of left over parts. It doesn't look like it is very good quality part but, you can have it if it makes you better.

Norm
    Mk4 base kit 7721, 331 Stroker, Holley Sniper EFI, Wipers, Heater, Whitby Soft Top, Drop trunk mod and more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm B View Post
    Mine is still in the box of left over parts. It doesn't look like it is very good quality part but, you can have it if it makes you better.

Norm
    Just curious...are you the same Norm from Mustang6g?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by racingandfishing View Post
    Just curious...are you the same Norm from Mustang6g?
    Sorry, no,

Norm
    Mk4 base kit 7721, 331 Stroker, Holley Sniper EFI, Wipers, Heater, Whitby Soft Top, Drop trunk mod and more

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to go through the manual page by page with inventory sheets. There’s going to be stuff that you should have gotten that isn’t listed in inventory or pol.

9. Thanks MB750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm B View Post

Norm
    I had two of them. I finally got tired of having them laying around, took out the hose clamps and brass fitting and threw away the rest.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke with FFR about two weeks ago when I was chasing down "missing" parts from my recently delivered kit.

They mentioned they are no longer supplying the oil filter relocation kit with the complete kit; it was more utilized during some of the initial donor car builds - that's the answer I received anyway. I was not planning on using it due to some feedback I've seen in the forums, but I still asked about it as I thought it may have needed to be included.

My biggest issue so far has been significant gaps in my POL/inventory vs. what I received. My inventory and POL were missing a ton of fundamental parts that I had to compare to some members' posted inventories here - so it was a big question: should I have this?

12. Thanks MB750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_289 View Post
    I spoke with FFR about two weeks ago when I was chasing down "missing" parts from my recently delivered kit.

They mentioned they are no longer supplying the oil filter relocation kit with the complete kit; it was more utilized during some of the initial donor car builds - that's the answer I received anyway. I was not planning on using it due to some feedback I've seen in the forums, but I still asked about it as I thought it may have needed to be included.

My biggest issue so far has been significant gaps in my POL/inventory vs. what I received. My inventory and POL were missing a ton of fundamental parts that I had to compare to some members' posted inventories here - so it was a big question: should I have this?
    Thanks for creating an account and letting us know of your experience.

Personally, I'm not frustrated with what's missing. I would just like reassurance that I won't be waiting MONTHS to get some integral parts to get the thing rolling. My goals are go-kart by summer, ready for paint next winter (when it's dryer down here in FL).

I also just want to know how other's experiences have been. From what it sounds like this is par for the course.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if someone would notice this is my first post!

I’m not frustrated either, I completely understand they are going through an inventory system change over - so bound to be some teething issues.

Hoping to see some parts turn up soon, but I’ve got the same rough plan. Hoping to be in go kart by this summer and hopefully paint in the winter.

15. Thanks MB750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are running full length headers and not J pipes you don't need it or really want to use it. It was included because the filter will not clear the J pipe.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Levy View Post
    If you are running full length headers and not J pipes you don't need it or really want to use it. It was included because the filter will not clear the J pipe.
    That's exactly why I need it. I'm building an exhaust for under the car using Spintech mufflers and oval pipes so the J-pipes are mandatory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have spares if you need one. Free of charge. PM me your address or I can bring to Tampa on Friday, 12/30 as I’m going up for a military retirement at 1400.

Henry