Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roadster Headers Part#16793

Post Thanks / Like

Roadster Headers Part#16793

Has anyone tried replacing the older MK4 factory five racing 351w ceramic coated headers with the new roadster headers part #16793?

I purchased the GasN exhaust to hopefully make less noise and also decided to change the headers to help with installation and possibly add EFI in future due to the O2 sensor port but the drivers side header doesn't fit.
    Last edited by DavidW; 04-29-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What version footbox is that?

I'm thinking there were only a few Mk4s sent out with the footbox that vertical in that area?

The later footboxes have more room for the Coyote (or 351 headers)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my GAS-N header. It is about 3/8” away from the panel in the corner. My kit is a 2015 mk4, has a bit of a bump out below the header. 94B672F6-FDF3-47A9-8901-6B587BD24698.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my kit in 2015. Funny thing is the ceramic coated 351w headers factory five supplied with my kit in 2015 fit perfect, plenty of room. I've emailed FFR and they suggested moving the motor...and denting the footbox...hahaha. They also send to send back so they could check and see if the headers are in spec. but I'll need to cover shipping. At this point the ceramic coated headers are going back on...what a shame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if the roadster headers part #16793 are being delivered with the new kits for motors with 351w?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am running the #16793 headers on my Dart 427, my car is a 2020 build and I have no clearance issues. At least 1" on drivers side corner of footbox and much more on the passenger side. Seems really odd you would have those clearance issues, wish I had answer for you why they do not fit correctly.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    I received my kit in 2015. Funny thing is the ceramic coated 351w headers factory five supplied with my kit in 2015 fit perfect, plenty of room.
    That's well after the straight footboxes I remember - those would have been early Mk4s, around 2009 - 2010.

Wish I had an answer too.

Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess the old ceramic headers are are going work! I returned the FFR new headers, still waiting to hear from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I returned the #16793 headers, tracking says they were delivered at Factory Five Wednesday last week about 9:30am. I sent them an email and still haven't heard back. They must really be busy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally Factory Five responded and said they shipped me the wrong headers and that's why they didn't fit.

I'm beyond disappointed at Factory Fives customer service, guess its hard to get good help these days.

I'll be praying for Dave's business, hope they don't keep going this route.

They did refund me for the headers but shipping..$30 and then shipping back because they sent the wrong ones.....$30....nice, guess its the price of doing business with poor customer service.
    Last edited by DavidW; 05-11-2021 at 11:46 AM.