FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring Help

Post Thanks / Like

Wiring Help

I thought I was a few hours from being finished with my roadster. A few days ago I went to Jeff Millers and helped him put my newly painted body on my chassis. (by helping I mean I mostly tried to stay out of his way and occasionally hand him a tool). It was a great experience. The paint exceeds my dreams. I love the color. Jeff is a great guy. He and Jose did a fabulous job I could not be happier with it.
    When I returned home I installed the lights and started to finish up the wiring. I followed the instructions to the letter but the blinkers didn't work correctly. A little research disclosed the wiring had been amended but the manual not revised when my kit was shipped. Dan sent me a link to the new manual showing installation of the wiring adaptor for the rectangular rear tail lights. I used some test leads and hooked the rear tail lights up. I still have a problem. Everything but the right turn signal and hazard lights work correctly. The brake lights, running lights and left turn signal work as expected. When the right turn signal is selected, it flashes both the left and right sides as well as the dash lights. The hazard light don't work at all. After 2 1/2 days of fooling around with it, I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
    427 Dart, Sniper, IRS, Mk IV complete, TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed. Dan remined me it takes all four lights to make the hazard blinker work. And I found the short. All is good!
    427 Dart, Sniper, IRS, Mk IV complete, TKO 600