BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Truck Bed and Box

Post Thanks / Like

Truck Bed and Box

Has every one attached the SS front of their box to the cab? What is the gap between the front of the box and I he cab? Does the SS bed fit flush with a the end end of the frame?

Post Thanks / Like
    The cab and bed are two separate components. This is how I did mine, first trim the back lip of the cab where it sits on the frame by the bed floor down to about a 1/4”. Lay the stainless floor on the frame where needed and not on top of the rear of the cab. Hang the quarter panels at the correct height so the body lines line up with the cab then drop in the front of the bed panel. My cab and quarter gap is tight maybe 1/2-3/4” . When you set the front of the quarter panel you can watch the gap on the cab and check the depth of the bed from front to rear to see where your at. I have a slight rake on mine maybe a 1/4” . image.jpg
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I forgot to add was I at the front of the quarter very top side where it meets the front of the bed panel I installed a couple of screws to hold it them together it’s kind of a hot spot on the bed. Some guys have rig welded them together however I painted everything in pieces then put it back together. Here’s a pic of what I’m trying to explain. Rob image.jpg
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Me being Mr Counterculture I didn’t use the stainless and gave it away to a buddy building a rock crawler to use as a firewall.

The gap between cab and front of bed on mine is approx 1/2 to 5/8 inch. My box is built to come off as a single unit and I also used screws at the front the same as Rob did. I won’t suggest the single piece box was a brilliant move, but the one piece removable bed floor was absolutely worth it.

Photos….

27AA429E-DC6A-4384-9162-A503AE715BBC.jpg

29528F59-EA07-4E97-9F53-1036802D63A4.jpg

C41BBF11-9B37-4AD9-8F71-70E138E957B8.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    great help guys thanks a lot